Sunday, July 14, 2013

Leche Flan with Macapuno toppings: Sugar rush!

When my sister got home from her trip to the US, one of the things she proudly shared with me was her recipe for Leche Flan, a sweet dessert that you would probably associate more with a very sweet, rich custard. I tried it immediately of course since it wasn't all that difficult to do and I loved it!
Recently, I made Ube Macapuno cake and found myself with excess Macapuno. I figured, why not? and decided to top the Leche Flan I would make with the delicious coconut.
I could not have been more pleased with the result! Although my husband says the topping looks weird but what does he know right? I told him its perfectly usual and he happily ate everything on his plate haha! It's a quick dessert to make but I warn you now, its swimming in sweetness. A slice of this slides down the throat easily but the taste stays on your tongue; creamy, rich, syrup-y goodness you'll find yourself looking forward to making again and again!
                  
Leche Flan
Ingredients:
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
6 egg yolks
sugar
Procedure:
1. Combine condensed milk, evaporated milk and 6 egg yolks, mix well
2. Cover the bottom of a regular-sized lanera with sugar and macapuno and bake in the oven for 10 mins or until the sugar melts completely at 186'C.
3. Pour mixture halfway into the lanera then cover with aluminum foil. Make sure it is sealed tight!
4. Place the lanera in a large roasting pan and fill the surrounding area with hot water until it reaches up to the same height as the flan mixture.
5. Bake for 30-45 mins. or until mixture is set.
6. Chill overnight 
7. Serve cold and enjoy!
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment