Friday, February 15, 2013

No-Bake Peanut Butter Goodness

I love peanut butter. It is just one of those things I never get tired of eating and if I were stranded on an island with just peanut butter, well, I probably wouldn't mind. I would survive too.

Here is something real easy that you can do with peanut butter. What I love about this is that it is VERY easy to make and you won't even need to bake it! My oven gets some well-deserved rest, at the same time, my tummy is quite content.
No Bake Peanut Butter Squares
(from a Betty Crocker recipe)

Ingredients:
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup softened, unsalted butter
1 and 1/4 cups peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 and 3/4 cups Graham Cracker cumbs
2 cups or 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
To make these saliva-inducing sweets:

1. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and make sure you have extra foil hanging over the sides of the pan
2. In a bowl, combine the confectioner's sugar, butter, 1 cup peanut butter and vanilla (you can use a hand mixer for this step)
3. Using a rubber spatula, fold in graham crackers.
4. Once combined, press into bottom of the square pan and set aside
5. Place chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until mixture is smooth and there are no more lumps
6. Pour chocolate mix over the peanut butter layer and spread evenly then place the whole pan in the refrigerator for 1 hr or until the chocolate is set
6. Hold the ends of the foil that hang from the side of the pan and lift out then cut into individual squares
7. Serve and enjoy immediately or place in airtight containers and store in the ref

Why do I love these? These little innocent-looking squares are sweet, filling and I don't have to bake them in the oven! I love the grainy texture and the flavor of peanut butter is just perfect! The chocolate melts pretty quickly in my climate which is why I have to eat two one right away!
You can even make these peanut butter squares real chunky by piling more chocolate onto the peanut butter layer.
Seriously. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment